Saturday, July 3, 2010

Freckles

Its weird how certain memories stay with you. I remember the very first moment I saw her. She came running around the corner bouncing all over the yard. I remember not being her biggest fan that first day because she she knocked me down and peed all over my uniform out of excitment and Im pretty sure I started crying since I was only nine. We became friends though. She was sweet but always made us feel safe, I swear we stopped locking our door after we got her. She loved treats and would do anything to get one, and for that reason she knew lots of tricks. She was so hyper and always had to be first when we walked. She thought she was smaller than she obviously was and always wanted to sit in your lap but was content to sleep by your bed at night. I havent lived with her in a few years but I will still miss her. Im sure this would sound silly to anyone who read this but I guess you dont understand unless you have a pet like this. She lived with us for 15 years and was truly apart of our family. I wish I knew what happened to animals when they died but Im sure whereever she is happy and eating a pigs ear.


October 1994 - July 2nd 2010

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meghan,
    I just so happened to be "passing by"... What beautiful pictures of your Freckles and what a sweet blog post on this day... and yep, you will always find yourself missing her, because they forever hang on to a special place of our hearts. What a precious, long life she had with your family. Thanks for sharing...
    Tina :) ...

    ReplyDelete