Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Calligraphy


please don't judge my first attempt at this art after you scroll down and see evidence of people that are REALLY good at it

So I took a Calligraphy class last night in hopes to gain the skill/art so I can address those wedding invitations I have been putting off for so long. I found however that I have 2 problems: (1) its hard to learn the "right way" to calligraphy when you are left-handed. It is in-fact one of the many things where being a southpaw is not an advantage. Actually I think boxing is the only area where it is an advantage. (2) Like many things to be good at Calligraphy, it takes practice! Lame no instant gratification here. I guess I expected to walk away from the class ready to start my own business.   I am however dedicated which is something that my teacher said Calligraphy takes, as long as you throw practice in with it. Here are some images I found of people that really do make the art beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment