Friday, July 2, 2010

style Icon: Ali McGraw

I was off the other day and bored and decided to watch a netflix instant watch movie. Love Story popped up and I have never seen it but always wanted to so I watched it. It was pretty good, sweet but sad and I can see how it was a huge hit for its time but to today's standards it really lacked some character development BUT I could watch the movie over and over just to look at the clothes again! I always like it when a character in a movie wears an outfit more than once it seems more real to me plus it gives you another chance to really take it in. But if I could raid anyone's closet and Zoey Deschanel wasn't home than Ali McGraw's character jenny would be next on my list.


I searched all over the Internet and these pictures were all I could find. Her style is for the most part preppy and what I would imagine everyone that lived in Cambridge in the 70's wore. Lots of skirts, dark tights, wire rim glasses and one fabulous coat. Makes me wish it was fall already.

This outfit was by far my favorite so simple but that skirt and belt is wonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment